Welcome - willkommen!


Blogging in English und auf Deutsch.
English: A key topic of this blog certainly is Bullying, and what can be done against it.
Deutsch: Ein Kernthema dieses Blogs is ganz sicherlich Mobbing, und was dagegen getan werden kann.
E: There are still lots of other topics here, too - feel free to cruise around and take a look :-)!
D: Es gibt aber auch noch viele andere Themen - schaut Euch einfach um :-)!
E: I look forward to comments on my blog entries!
D: Ich freue mich über Kommentare zu meinen Blog-Einträgen!

In the banner picture: Libera.

Monday, June 28, 2010

IVAN'S CHILDHOOD (1962)




IVAN'S CHILDHOOD
Russia 1962

directed by
Andrei Tarkovsky

Starring

Nikolai Burlyayev
Valentin Zubkov
Yevgeni Zharikov
Stepan Krylov
Nikolai Grinko
Irma Raush

Music
Vyacheslav Ovchinnikov

Cinematography
Vadim Yusov

______________________________


Ever so often, I discover things on YouTube by Related Videos of something I watched before, or also by the video recommendations on my Starting Page.

Today, I stumbled over a complete posting of Andrei Tarkowski's debut film IVAN'S CHILDHOOD from 1962. As I knew about the movie, but had not watched it, I took the time and did so. And I found reason enough to collect it in a playlist on my channel, and then also to make a entry here.

The movie is in Russian, with English subtitles.

______________________________


I had indeed watched several scenes from this movie before: In a fan-made video for the song THE BOY WITH THE GUN by David Sylvian.

Although the lyrics and the movie's plot don't match in detail, I found the video very amazing, as I loved the song, and was captivated by the intenity of the images. Hope you enjoy ...





David Sylvian
THE BOY WITH THE GUN


from the album
SECRETS OF THE BEEHIVE
1987

______________________________

.

No comments: