Welcome - willkommen!


Blogging in English und auf Deutsch.
English: A key topic of this blog certainly is Bullying, and what can be done against it.
Deutsch: Ein Kernthema dieses Blogs is ganz sicherlich Mobbing, und was dagegen getan werden kann.
E: There are still lots of other topics here, too - feel free to cruise around and take a look :-)!
D: Es gibt aber auch noch viele andere Themen - schaut Euch einfach um :-)!
E: I look forward to comments on my blog entries!
D: Ich freue mich über Kommentare zu meinen Blog-Einträgen!

In the banner picture: Libera.

Friday, December 4, 2009

Jon Anderson STATE OF INDEPENDENCE


Jon Anderson, co-founder and long term lead vocalist and lyricist of the British Art Rock / Prog Rock band Yes, was my first real favourite singer. This fancy started back in the mid / end 1970's, and over the decades (... oh my gosh - I am OLD!), he has kept me fascinated with his work, and his voice.

In the 1980's, Jon Anderson collaborated with Greek composer and multi instrumentalist Vangelis, and the albums of "Jon and Vangelis" brought forth several pop classics.

One of those songs is STATE OF INDEPENDENCE, which many out there will know better from the cover version sung by Donna Summer. The original, though the song was composed and recorded by Jon and Vangelis in 1981, and released on their album THE FRIENDS OF MR CAIRO.

The version in view here comes from the project CHANGE WE MUST from 1994, in which Jon Anderson recorded songs from his catalog of compositions anew, accompanied not by the musicians of a rock band, but by a fully fledged orchestra, which I personally find awesome!

The images on the video represent not really any kind of visual ideas I would possibly have, combined with this song. But the video by YouTuber vzqk50, who is a devoted Yes fan, gave me the chance to put this song here.

Well, okay:
Some of the images, I like pretty much - although I'd rather see them "independent" from this song :-)!


.

No comments: